DescriptionJumpman is a bomb disposal expert. He is called on to save the Jupiter headquarters after the evil Alienators invade it and booby-trap its 30 levels.
In this early platform game, the titular hero must find his way around each screen, collecting every bomb. There are platforms and ladders to use, and a jet booster to propel you up the screen. However there are also enemies to avoid, and Jumpman must be careful not to fall too far.
Part of the Following Groups
|Jumpman we knew ye not||PC Booter||Terrence Bosky (5232)|
|Lots of action for a lypical ladder game of that era||PC Booter||Olivier Masse (421)|
|tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick||Commodore 64||*Katakis* (37843)|
The Press Says
|The Video Game Critic||Commodore 64||Feb 13, 2013||A||100|
|64'er||Commodore 64||Jul, 1986||12 out of 15||80|
|Nintendo Life||Wii||Sep 19, 2008||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Source codeSometimes the developers forget to format their floppies before building a production master. Here's a tidbit of source code found on the original program disk:
CSEG SEGMENT ASSUME CS:CSEG,DS:CSEG,ES:CSEG INCLUDE J:JUMPTBLE.ASM ORG 9300H LEVEL_NUM DB '05' SCREEN_DRW DW SCR_TABLE TARGET_LIST DW TAR_LIST JUMPMAN_AREA DW JMA JMC1 DW FJM1 JMC2 DW FJM2 NUM_TARGETS DB 14 NUM_BULLETS DB 0 BONUS_VALUE DB '15' PRE_PLAY: JMP INITS PLAY: JMP STARTS POST_PLAY: JMP DONES PLAYER_LIST DW PLAYERS START_POS DW 152,94 BULLET_LIST DW 0 SCR_TABLE: DW 128,12,1,136,10,2,152,8,2,168,10,2,184,12,1,8,32,3,56,32,5 DW 96,34,1,104,36,1,112,38,1,120,40,1,128,42,1,136,44,1,144,46,1 DW 152,48,2,168,46,1,176,44,1,184,42,1,192,40,1,200,38,1,208,36,1 DW 216,34,1,224,32,5,288,32,3,8,64,3,32,66,1,40,68,1,48,70,1 DW 56,72,6,136,72,6,216,72,6,264,70,1,272,68,1,280,66,1,288,64,3 DW 24,104,10,136,104,6,216,104,10,16,136,9,120,136,10,232,136,9 DW 8,176,8,104,176,2,120,174,1,128,172,1,136,170,1,144,168,4 DW 176,170,1,184,172,1,192,174,1,200,176,2,248,176,8,0FFFFH DW 72,24,10,232,24,10,32,96,10,152,96,9,272,96,10,0FFFFH DW 0FFFFH,8,28,3,308,28,3,0FFFFH
Related Web Sites
- Jumpman (Site shows Jumpman across different platforms, with a timeline. Screenshots of different versions are placed together for comparison.)
- The Epyx shrine (Read interviews about Jumpman with Randy Glover & Jake Richter, learn all about different Jumpman versions, join the Jumpman Hiscore competition and find a complete 30 level strategy guide to master the game!)
- The Epyx Shrine (Read interviews about Jumpman with Randy Glover & Jake Richter, learn about all different Jumpman versions, join the Jumpman Hiscore competition and find a complete 30 level strategy guide to master the game!)
- The Jumpman Lounge (Find information and files related to all of the Jumpman games.)
- The jumpman project (Project to port the bootable IBM PC game to a DOS program. )
- The Jumpman Story (Coalition to save Jumpman)