DescriptionThis multiple-choice game casts the player as an undead denizen of the Mississippi river delta in the period between the War of 1812 and the American Civil War some fifty years later. Choosing from any of a wide variety of backgrounds, all the characters will have their distinctive abilities (measuring over 21 statistics overall, five of which are somewhat binary continuums) put to task thriving as a wolf among sheep and surviving amongst the curious parallel political structures of the vampires also. Certain elements of the story veer into Choice of Romance territory, these vampires caught up in soap operatic machinations to rival Anne Rice's best. As in some other games by its makers, surviving to the end of the game results in the sharing of a code allowing players to resume the very particular affairs of this specific character in future installments of the game.
There are no Kindle Classic user screenshots for this game.
There are 23 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Kindle Classic release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
BibliographyThe game is proud enough of its research to include a bibliography in its "about" page:
- Berkeley, Kathleen C. Like a Plague of Locusts: From an Antebellum Town to a New South City, Memphis, Tennessee, 1850-1880. New York: Garland, 1991
- Blume, Helmut. The German Coast: During the Colonial Era, 1722-1803. Translated by Ellen C. Merill. Destrehan, LA: The German-Acadian Coast Historical and Genealogical Society, 1990.
- Brister, Nancy. A Street by any other name. NewOrleans.com, 2009.
- Deiler, J. Hanno. The Settlement of the German Coast of Louisiana and the Creoles of German Descent. Philadelphia: Americana Germanica Press, 1909.
- DeLatte, Carolyn E. ed. The Louisiana Purchase Bicentennial Series in Louisiana History. Vol 4, Part A Antebellum Louisiana, 1830-1860: Life and Labor. Lafayette, LA: University of Louisiana, Lafayette, 2004.
- Erskine, John H. A Report on Yellow Fever as it appeared in Memphis, Tenn., in 1873. Public Health Papers and Reports. Vol 1, pp 385-392. New York: Hurd and Houghton, 1875.
- Labbe, Dolores Egger ed. The Louisiana Purchase Bicentennial Series in Louisiana History. Vol 3, The Louisiana Purchase and its Aftermath, 1800-1830. Lafayette, LA: University of Louisiana, Lafayette, 1998.
- United States Marshals Service. www.usmarshals.gov
- Wikipedia, in all its messy glory, for too many articles to count.
- Yoes, Henry E. III. Louisiana's German Coast: A History of St. Charles Parish. 2nd ed. Lake Charles, LA: Racing Pigeon Digest, 2005.
Related Web Sites
- Play Choice of the Vampire (Free, legal play of the game through your web browser.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.