The Addis gang, which has long controlled Southtown, has been struck a major blow. Their leader, Fate, has been killed by Duke, leader of the newfound Mephistopheles gang. The subsequent warfare between the two gangs has decimated Southtown. In the midst of all this chaos, a new fighting tournament has begun, with claims that it is being sponsored by the Metatron Foundation charity. Twenty fighters step up to the challenge.
KOF: Maximum Impact - Maniax is the first 3D iteration of the venerable King of Fighters series. The game features fourteen returning characters:
- Athena Asamiya
- Clark Steel
- Iori Yagami
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Leona Heidern
- Mai Shiranui
- Ralf Jones
- Rock Howard
- Ryo Sakazaki
- Terry Bogard
- Yuri Sakazaki
Six new combatants are also available:
- Alba Meira
- Chae Lim
- Lien Neville
- Mignon Beart
- Soiree Meira
Maximum Impact also features four distinct modes of play:
- Story Mode - Choose a fighter and guide them through a series of fights in the tournament.
- Versus Mode - Face off against an opponent in a 1-vs-1 or 3-vs-3 team match.
- Mission Mode - Go through a series of missions with unique setups and goals in an attempt to unlock additional game features.
- Time Attack Mode - Face the clock as you race to defeat a string of opponents.
As an added bonus the PS2 version includes a bonus dvd with making-of videos and behind the scenes interviews.
There are no user screenshots for this game
- "格斗之王：极限冲击Maniax" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "KOF: MI" -- Common abbreviation
- "KOF: Maximum Impact - Maniax" -- Xbox title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Vortex||Xbox||Jul 25, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
|IGN||Xbox||Jul 07, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|DreamStation.cc||PlayStation 2||Jan 12, 2005||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GamersMark||Xbox||Jul 21, 2005||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Gaming Nexus||Xbox||Jul 29, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation 2||Feb 10, 2005||14 out of 20||70|
|TeamXbox||Xbox||Jul 01, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||PlayStation 2||Nov, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Game Informer Magazine||Xbox||Aug, 2005||5.75 out of 10||58|
|Gaming Age||Xbox||Aug 22, 2005||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
PlayStation 2 Credits