High octane style in the City of Angels.
- Over 45 rides and exclusive West Coast Customs and Rides Magazine designs
- Take to the streets in story mode, quick race or frantic multiplayer
- Hip hop soundtrack featuring the talent of Lil' Kim and Twista
Join the crew at West Coast Customs to pimp your ride and live the fabulous lifestyle of an
LA street racer. Feel the rush as you race over 36 licensed rides, including muscle, tuner
and exotic vehicles, as well as exclusive tricked-out racers designed by West Coast
Customs and Rides Magazine.
An exciting and unique story-driven experience will allow you to race through five
fully-open Los Angeles city recreations while finding treacherous shortcuts and surviving
Contributed by DreinIX (9422) on Feb 29, 2008.
- 2005 Dodge Magnum RT
- 2005 Dodge SRT-4
- 2004 Dodge RAM Rumble Bee
- 2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 2006 Dodge Charger R/T
- 2004 Cadillac® Escalade™
- 2004 HUMMER® H2™
- 2002 Chevrolet® Corvette® Z06™
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle™ SS 454™
- 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray™
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro® COPO 427
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala™ SS™
- 2005 Pontiac® GTO™
- 1966 Pontiac GTO
- 2004 Chevrolet SSR™
- 1973 Chevrolet Monte Carlo™
- 1987 Buick™ GNX™
- 1988 Oldsmobile™ Cutlass Supreme™
- 1971 Cadillac Eldorado™ Convertible
- 1959 Chevrolet Impala
- 2000 Chevrolet Impala SS
- 2006 Pontiac Solstice™
- 2004 Lotus™ Elise III™
- 2005 Lotus™ Exige™
- 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
- 2002-2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO V*
- 2004 NissanZ®
- 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V
- 1995 Nissan 240SX XE,
- 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R
- 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
- 2005 Nissan Titan
- 2004 Infiniti FX45
- 2004 SALEEN S7 ®
- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
- Dayton Wire Wheels
- Extreme Dimensions
- Carbon Creations
- AEM & DC Sports
- B&M Racing & Performance Products Inc.
- Nitrous Express
- Borla Performance Industries
- Piloti Driving Shoes
- Vogue Tyres
FEEL THE RUSH AS MIDWAY ANNOUNCES CELEBRITY TALENT, MUSIC AND LICENSED CARS FOR LA RUSH™Reinvention of Classic Racing Franchise to Feature West Coast Customs, Exclusive Relationship with RIDES Magazine along with the Hottest Cars, After-Market Parts and Music
CHICAGO, July 14, 2005 - Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading interactive entertainment industry publisher and developer, today announced a number of licensing details and in game talent for LA RUSH™, bringing an entirely unique experience to the reinvention of this over-the-top racing franchise. With celebrity and hip-hop talent starring as in game characters, an intense soundtrack, the latest in both concept and licensed cars, the auto industry's top after-market parts, the world famous crew from West Coast Customs and an exclusive relationship with Harris Publication's RIDES Magazine, LA RUSH has it all. As previously announced by MTV, LA RUSH is the first of three titles to ship under Midway's innovative co-marketing relationship with MTV. LA RUSH is scheduled to ship in October 2005 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.
"LA RUSH pimps out and juices up this classic Midway franchise while staying true to the fast-paced racing, death-defying shortcuts, and rooftop jumps the series is famous for," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "The game features more than 35 of the hottest licensed cars and an additional 16 exclusively designed concept cars that can be fully tricked out by the world famous crew at West Coast Customs. Top celebrity and hip-hop talent add to the game's innovative story mode and make LA RUSH one of the must have racing games of the year."
The groundbreaking story mode of LA RUSH has players take on the role of Trikz, a street racer from Los Angeles at the top of his game who arrives home from vacation to discover all of his rides have been stolen by his chief rival, Lidell Rey who is voiced by Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday, The Brothers). LA RUSH also includes actor/comedian Orlando Jones (Drumline, Evolution, The Replacements), in the role of Trikz's partner, Ty Malix. Lending their voice and likeness to the game's cast are Ryan, Mad Mike, Q, Big Dane, Ish and Alex from West Coast Customs Inc., and platinum-selling rapper Twista who appears as the world's fastest man brought to Los Angeles as a driver for Lidell Rey.
Players will be able to crank up the volume on a decibel-pumping soundtrack that contains over 75 songs from over 25 artists including Lil Kim and DJ Rap, two unreleased tracks by Twista, four original songs by Damian Valentine and more.
In LA RUSH, players will be able to jump into some of the hottest rides on the streets from old-school hot rods to turbo imports from top auto manufacturers. After the crew at West Coast Customs is done pimpin' it, it won't matter who pulls up to the light. The rides in LA RUSH include:
In LA RUSH, join the crew at West Coast Customs to pimp your ride and live the fabulous lifestyle of an L.A. street racer. Feel the rush as you race over 36 licensed rides including muscle, tuner and exotic vehicles as well as exclusive tricked-out racers designed by West Coast Customs and RIDES Magazine. An exciting and unique story-driven experience will allow you to race through 5 fully-open Los Angeles city re-creations while finding treacherous shortcuts and surviving death-defying jumps. L.A. RUSH will be the next evolution in the highly addictive Rush franchise.
Contributed by Sciere (245704) on Mar 20, 2006.
- Rush is Variety: Race, modify, steal and pimp over 50 rides—exclusive tricked-out street racers designed by West Coast Customs and Rides Magazine plus licensed muscle, tuner and exotic vehicles from various car manufacturers.
- Open World Racing: Race across a fully-open and recreated Los Angeles through Hollywood, Santa Monica, South Bay, South Central and Downtown while surviving death-defying jumps and finding treacherous shortcuts.
- Pimp It & Add Some Juice: Spend your hard earned cash at West Coast Customs to visually upgrade your rides and tune your performance at this world famous chop shop.
- First Racing Game "Story Mode": Re-acquire 30 cars taken from your personal possession and gain back your respect and street credit through the following missions:
A. Reacquire Missions: Race to earn respect, street credits, and clues to the whereabouts of your cars
B. Retribution Missions: Steal your enemies' prized rides and then chop them for revenge and extra cash.
C. Retribution Damage Missions: Trash an enemy's property.
- Intense "Head-to-Head" Racing: Pit yourself against a buddy in split-screen racing on routes opened previously in Story Mode.
- Exclusive Soundtrack: Decibel pumping, exclusive hip hop & rock music soundtrack including never-before-released tracks from Twista and Lil' Kim', plus much more from hip hop's finest.
- Upgrades Galore: Tune the performance of your car through an array of aftermarket parts from numerous, top-line manufacturers.
L.A. RushPIMPED OUT, JUICED UP AND FLYN' HIGH.
Platform: Microsoft Xbox®, PlayStation®2
Ship Date: Fall 2005
Developer: Midway San Diego
ESRB: Rating Pending
In L.A. Rush, join the crew at West Coast Customs to pimp your ride and live the fabulous lifestyle of an L.A. street racer. Feel the rush as you race over 36 licensed rides including muscle, tuner and exotic vehicles as well as exclusive tricked-out racers designed by West Coast Customs and Rides Magazine. An exciting and unique story-driven experience will allow you to race through 5 fully-open Los Angeles city re-creations while finding treacherous shortcuts and surviving death-defying jumps. L.A. Rush will be the next evolution in the highly addictive Rush franchise!
Contributed by Sciere (245704) on Mar 20, 2006.
MIDWAY ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF L.A. RUSH™West Coast Customs and Harris Publications' Rides Magazine Inked as Exclusive Partners for Revival of Midway's Rush Franchise
London, – August 26, 2004 - Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY) today announced the development of L.A. Rush™, an innovative racing videogame based on the sport of competitive street racing and the fanatical, ruthless lifestyles of those involved. A reinvention of the classic Midway Rush™ franchise, L.A. Rush is scheduled for release in spring 2005 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.
Based on entirely new technology that recreates a living, breathing go anywhere Los Angeles with highly destructible environments, players will be able to explore Los Angeles by day or by night from Compton, to LAX, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and the beaches of Santa Monica. The unique story mode of L.A. Rush, enriched by the creative design assistance from the game's exclusive content partners, Rides magazine and West Coast Customs, presents a powerful lifestyle adventure in a fully free-roaming city. Pure racing skills are on the line as the world's best street racers gather in L.A. and the player's self-respect is up for grabs in a variety of non-racing driving missions. Cop chases, gridlock, cross-traffic, high-flying jumps, and the death-defying shortcuts that the Rush franchise is known for take L.A. Rush beyond the standard tuner-car simulation game. Featuring a number of gameplay modes and unique objectives, L.A. Rush will feature more than 50 licensed and concept cars, classic muscle cars, SUVs and import tuners, customizable part manufacturers and designs (including several exclusive West Coast Customs vehicle concepts), celebrity talent, music and much more. More details on L.A. Rush will be unveiled in early 2005.
Contributed by Sciere (245704) on Mar 20, 2006.