DescriptionThe third in the Last Ninja series sees you as Armakuni, the Last Ninja. He is drawn again into a battle with evil Shogun Kunitoki. The battle will take place among the temples of Tibet, the source of the Last Ninja's mystical strength. The Shogun intends to corrupt these Buddhist temples, to destroy the source of power for Armakuni and his emerging Ninja brotherhood. Armakuni must stop the Shogun's evil scheme.
The game retains the mix of martial arts combat (hand-to-hand and with various weapons), puzzles involving various objects you find on your way, and navigating your way around obstacles. However, it also introduces Bushido, necessary to complete each level. Bushido is earned by fighting honorably, by fighting enemies with the same weapon as them or in hand-to-hand combat, and not fleeing from a battle.
The levels correspond to the elements that combine to make up a Ninja's power, Earth, Water, Wind, Fire and Void.
- "Ninja Three" -- In-game title
- "Last Ninja Three" -- Alternate spelling
- "Last Ninja III" -- Alternate spelling (C64 media)
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Commodore 64||Aug, 2005||10 out of 10||100|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Apr, 1991||94 out of 100||94|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Mar, 1991||93 out of 100||93|
|Datormagazin||Amiga||Nov, 1991||92 out of 100||92|
|64'er||Commodore 64||Jun, 1991||9 out of 10||90|
|Atari ST User||Atari ST||Oct, 1991||89 out of 100||89|
|Amiga Power||Amiga||Nov, 1991||80 out of 100||80|
|Amiga Games||Amiga CD32||Oct, 1994||61 out of 100||61|
|Power Play||Amiga||Mar, 1992||56 out of 100||56|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||Aug, 1991||53 out of 100||53|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Konix Multisystem versionThe game was slated to be released for the ill-fated Konix Multisystem console – before any other format. Here, not only only was the game cancelled, but the entire console was cancelled, with the Ninja 3 port already featuring most of the graphics, controls and the basic workings of the game. Footage of an early demo can be seen at the Slipstream site.
Virtual Console versionLast Ninja 3 was discontinued on the Virtual Console in Europe on February 23, 2010, in consequence of a bug in the game that results in the game being frozen at the end of the first stage, with any progress impeded to the gamer, and was unable to be fixed.
- Commodore Format
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #7 The Bottom 10
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (System 3 Software, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Kixx, Atari ST) (For Atari ST, 3.5 Disk: exhibit reference ID CH40287; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (System 3 Software, C64) (For Commodore 64, 5.25Inch Disk: exhibit reference ID CH11785; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Hall of Light (Amiga) (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Hall of Light (Amiga CD32) (For Amiga CD32: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Lemon Amiga (For Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; music; manual; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)