When this golf simulation was released in 1988 the U.S. National Video Game Team said it was "by far the best video golf simulation available".
1 to 4 players can tee it up on either an 18 hole American course or an 18 hole Japanese course. Players 1 & 3 share controller 1 and players 2 & 4 share controller 2.
Game modes are:
- Stroke Play - The winner has the lowest number of strokes through 18 holes.
- Nassau Game - The players compete against each other for points. Presses are allowed.
- Practice - A single player can practice on their favorite hole.
Swing mechanics are: Press A to start the backswing, press A at the top of the swing, press A at impact. High and low shots can be selected by pressing up or down on the control pad. Right after contact another quick press of the A button at the same time as left or right will apply backspin to the ball. Complete club selection is available with the B button.
Terrain includes tee, green, fairway, out-of-bounds, water, sand (light and hard), and rough (super, light, heavy and deep).
There are four available characters:
- Pretty Amy - Slow swing speed with fantastic ball control and accurate aiming.
- Big Jumbo - Powerful stroke and a long hitter but good technique is needed to control his shots.
- Super Mex - All-around player with average distance, accuracy and swing speed.
- Miracle Chosuke - Less power than Super Mex but good at putting and unequalled accuracy. He can hit a "Reverse Miracle Putt."
- "Fighting Golf " -- Japanese NES title
- "ファイティングゴルフ" -- Japanese Famicom spelling
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.