Release dates, publisher and developer information for this game listed by platform:
- Removed an infinite ammo exploit for molotovs
- Players download third party campaigns as single .VPK file
- Added matchmaking support and download/update prompt for add-on campaigns
- (Authoring Tools) Sample content now includes source files for official maps
- Removed the "Are you ready to play Versus?" confirmation
- Fixed a crash when using mouse wheel or keyboard to select Campaign chapters
- Fixed sv_steamgroup_exclusive servers advertising for public lobbies
- Restored the ability to vote for a new campaign in Versus mode
- Left 4 Dead has been updated to include a lobby browser. The lobby browser (under Play Online) will show you a list of optimal games available for you to join.
- The server will now warn if the public or private tags exceed their limits.
- Add-on campaign bugs updated
- SDK has been updated; Detail.vbsp and lights.rad have been added to the distribution
- Lobbies and games you've recently joined and left will be ignored for two minutes.
- Restored Find a Game Lobby/Find a Game in Progress to the Create Lobby screen available from the Lobby Browser
- Updated localization text
- Fixed an issue where VPK.EXE would not extract all files
- Fixed problem with add-on installer failing to install add-ons properly on some versions of Windows
- Transition screen now shows campaign and map names for add-on campaigns
- Bug fixes and enhancements for Novint Falcon controller
- Added packet limit to help users with AT&T Speedstream routers sometimes getting disconnected
- Added mm_server_search_inet_ping_window convar, which can be used to further reduce packet burst when contacting Left 4 Dead servers
Release dates and company information contributed by Picard (30016), havoc of smeg (15615), Foxhack (12644), Kabushi (136947), Xoleras (66117), vedder (20533), Sicarius (60992), Jeanne (75500) and Klaster_1 (57974)