DescriptionLeisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards is a remake of the first game in the Leisure Suit Larry series. It introduces a new interface. Instead of typing commands, the player performs the desired actions by choosing appropriate icons, and then clicking on objects on the screen to interact with them. The graphics are now 256 color VGA. There is also much more music than in the original version, and it supports more advanced sound formats.
- "LSL VGA remake" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Blackjack
- Leisure Suit Larry series
- Sierra remakes
|A fantastic remake that can easily replace the original||DOS||YID YANG (164501)|
|The Original is far superior||DOS||steve mcgarry (3)|
|HA HA HA HA HA!!!||DOS||Aaron Jones (16)|
|Larry searches for women to satisfy in Lost Wages||DOS||*Katakis* (37485)|
|I like this classic, funny game!||DOS||Linlin Fan (1)|
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||DOS||Sep 15, 2007||5 out of 5||100|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||DOS||Apr 16, 2001||85 out of 100||85|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||81 out of 100||81|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1993||80 out of 100||80|
|Power Play||DOS||Nov, 1991||76 out of 100||76|
|Just Games Retro||DOS||Aug 25, 2006||75 out of 100||75|
|All Game Guide||Macintosh||1998||70|
|Adventure Corner||DOS||Jan 07, 2004||70 out of 100||70|
|Adventure Gamers||DOS||Feb 06, 2004||70|
|Aventura y Cía||DOS||May 27, 2004||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe Russian version of this VGA remake features some changes (although not as many as in the original game). For example, the messages in the bar toilet are different, there is a message concerning Roger Wilco and Vohaul from the Space Quest series, which didn't exist in the original American version.
Related Web Sites
- Al Lowe's Humor Site -- The homepage of Al Lowe, the creator of Leisure Suit Larry
- Leisure Suit Larry Treasure Trove -- Stuck? At the end of your rope? Not to worry! There's a plethora of hints waiting for you.
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 -- An extensive history of video and computer games, including a massive entry for Sierra.
Eric Apel, Roger Hardy, Desie Hartman, Jennifer Shontz, William D. Skirvin, Barry T. Smith, Russell TrueloveBackground Artist: