DescriptionThis point-and-click adventure game is the successor to Dark Fall: The Journal but is not a sequel as such, since Lights Out! has completely different locations, story and characters.
Take on the role of Benjamin Parker, a cartographer, who has been commissioned to map the treacherous shores and waters of Trewarthen, England. Over the centuries, many ships and fishing vessels have gone down there, claiming countless lives beneath the Fetch Rock Lighthouse. It is hoped that his maps will help navigation through the fog in that area.
Upon arriving, Parker is given little to go on by his employer except that the light from the lighthouse has suddenly gone out without explanation and he should go investigate. Why him? Why now .. in the middle of the night?
Making his way to the dark Fetch Rock Lighthouse, he soon discovers that the 3 lighthouse keepers have disappeared without a trace! Sifting through information left behind, Parker finds evidence of another presence - something (or someone) else is here! Is the lighthouse haunted? What happened to the three men? Why did the lights go out? And, what is the real reason he was asked to come here?
To find those answers, Parker will be mystically transported to different periods in the lighthouse's time-line. Exploring in first person "Myst-like" style, interact with objects, reading materials and puzzles. Ambient sound effects, moody shadows and eerie music add to the immersion factor.
- "Обитель Тьмы 2" -- Russian spelling
- "Dark Fall 2: Schatten der Vergangenheit" -- German title
- "Dark Fall 2: Luces Fuera" -- Spanish title
- "Dark Fall 2: Lights Out" -- UK title
- "Dark Fall 2: Le Phare" -- French title
- "Dark Fall 2" -- Common title
Part of the Following Group
|Hauntingly immersive, but not perfect.||Jeanne (75508)|
|Game industry News (GiN)||Nov 13, 2004||90|
|Game Vortex||Sep 26, 2004||89 out of 100||89|
|Gaming Nexus||Oct 22, 2004||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Puntaeclicca.it||Feb, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameElite.se||Nov 04, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|GamePlasma||Sep 14, 2004||7.6 out of 10||76|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Oct 28, 2004||70|
|Gamehelper||Sep 23, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 2005||51 out of 100||51|
|GameSpy||Sep 27, 2004||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Flannan IslesThe game is based on a real incident that took place on the Flannan Isles in 1900, when three lighthouse keepers vanished without a trace. It also quotes the poem Flannan Isle by Wilfred Wilson Gibson, which is based on the same incident.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Lights Out (Universal Hint System hints give you nudges before the final solutions are revealed, so you can try to solve it yourself.)
- Interview with the Author (Becky Waxman of AdventureGamers.com interviews Jonathan Boakes about Lights Out)
- Walkthrough by Graham (on JustAdventure.com)
- Walkthrough by MaGtRo (on Gameboomers.com)
- Windows XP Tips (Inferno describes what to do if your Windows XP won't play Dark Fall 2 properly.)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Lights Out by Andrew Plotkin (September, 2004).)
President & CEO: