missing cover art
Description7 Days a Skeptic takes place 400 years after 5 Days a Stranger.
You play as Dr. Jonathan Somerset, a psychiatrist on a spaceship. One day, a strange artifact is found floating outside the ship's doors. When the crew brings it in, it appears to be a coffin with the remains of John DeFoe, which somehow floated out into deep space. At first the crew believes it's nothing, and leaves it lying around. But during the night, the ship's captain goes missing. And even stranger, the box is open, and nothing is inside.
7 Days contains fewer puzzles and more action elements than its predecessor, and is also made with the AGS engine.
There are no Linux screenshots for this game.
There are 22 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "7 Days a Skeptic: History runs in Cycles" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Hidden sceneThere's an easter egg in 7 Days a Sceptic, in the form of a lost scene. To see it, play through the game to the end on a date close to my heart (or at least with your Windows clock changed to that day).
References: Chzo Mythos
- Dr. William's last name is Taylor, and he has very blond hair. He is a descendant of Simone Taylor from the first game.
- Parallels with 5 Days A Stranger: the first (full) day ends with the discovery of a corpse, and the hero is at one point accused of the murders and imprisoned.
- On Friday, the captain's console will tell you that the Captain's birthday was on Monday, that he is 55, and that today's date is the 1st of August 2385. Monday was four days ago, so his birthday is the 28th of July. Fifty-five years ago would be 2330. So, the captain's birthdate is 28-07-30.
- The imagery wherein the Welder's hands appear on the side of the box, ready to haul him out, is a reference to the classic Japanese horror film The Ring, as is the way the camera cuts away before anything else happens.
- At the end of day 4, William says "Don't you think we can refer to 'it' as 'him'?". This is a line from Halloween.
- The bit where William has lost his eyes is a reference to Event Horizon, a film in which a spaceship is taken over by an evil force, possesses a doctor and influences him into pulling his own eyes out.
- While on EVA, the only sound you hear is your own breathing. The same thing occurs during EVA scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
SoundtrackThe music playing at the beginning of the game is called One Man's Dream.
Additional information contributed by CubbyKatz