A fan-made VGA remake of the original King's Quest
using Chris Jones'
Adventure Game Studio engine. Besides the upgraded graphics it also features a point & click interface, voices (optional) and MP3 music (optional).
When Sierra remade their early AGI adventures using their new SCI engine, their first game, King's Quest, was also the first to be remade. Unfortunately this meant using SCI0 which still had 16-color graphics and a typing interface and not 256-colors and point & click interface like the SCI1 remakes of Leisure Suit Larry 1, Space Quest 1, Quest For Glory 1 and Police Quest 1 had. So a group of King's Quest fans decided to do what Sierra didn't and supply King's Quest 1 with a worthy remake.
In 2009 AGD Interactive released King's Quest I VGA 4.0, which can be considered a remake of their original 2001 remake. It contains the following enhancements:
- Newly enhanced game backgrounds and character dialog portraits that has improved the visual look of the game tenfold.
- All new "no dead-ends" gameplay mode (optional) to ensure that the game can be completed from any point.
- Full narrator speech and lip-syncing for all characters by the very talented professional voice actor, John Bell.
- Windows Vista support.
- Native Ogg Theora movies, which means in-game cutscenes/movies will now play in Linux and PC emulations under Macs.
- Full digital speech and music tracks are now included as part of the download rather than being separate downloads.
- "King's Quest 1 VGA" -- Informal Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
Coincidentally, an AGS game called Royal Quest is currently in production using backgrounds and sprites ripped from KQ1VGA. The maker denies any knowledge of King Quest 1 VGA's original incarnation of Royal Quest.