missing cover art
DescriptionKing's Quest II: Romancing the Stones is a remake of King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne, and a follow-up to AGD Interactive's (formerly Tierra Entertainment) earlier remake of the first game. Like its predecessor, it has VGA graphics reminiscent of Sierra's adventure games of the early 1990's, and a new musical score. The remake retains the general outlines of the original story and the gameplay system, but contains additional locations, expanded dialogue, and new characters. Some of these characters are original, while others are taken from various installments of the series to present a more cohesive view of its overarching story.
In 2009 AGD Interactive released King's Quest II VGA 3.0, which can be considered a remake of their original 2002 remake. It contains the following enhancements:
- Newly enhanced game visuals featuring hand-painted game backgrounds and character dialog portraits
- Full narrator speech and lip-syncing for all characters
- Windows Vista support
- Native Ogg Theora movies, which means in-game cutscenes and movies will now play in Linux and PC emulations under Macs
- Full digital speech and music tracks are now included as part of the download rather than being separate downloads.
There are no Linux screenshots for this game.
There are 41 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "King's Quest II+" -- AGS Community Name
- "King's Quest 2 VGA remake" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Studio (AGS)
- King's Quest series
- King's Quest VGA games
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Version 3.0 Enhanced edition.||3||jlebel (2126)
Mar 23, 2009
|My Vista doesn't want to play :-(||6||DJP Mom (11111)
Aug 25, 2007
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- King's Quest II Remake - Official Site. (Freely download the remake of King's Quest II: Romancing the Stones.)
- Walkthrough on Just Adventure (by Chris van Zyl)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.