missing cover art
DescriptionUnreal Tournament is a First Person Shooter representing a fast paced extreme sport of the future, where you compete against other warriors to determine the best. It has the same feel of the original, but new graphics, effects, and game modes adds new flavor to the game. Choose from Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Domination 2.0, or Bombing Run. Adrenaline adds a new factor in the gameplay as you can execute special abilities like regeneration, speed, invisibility when you reach full Adrenaline by either collecting the pills or killing enemies. UT 2K3 can be played single player against bots, or multiplayer through LAN or the Internet.
There are no Linux screenshots for this game.
There are 27 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "虚幻竞技场2003" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "浴血戰場 2003" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "UT2K3" -- Informal title
- "UT2003" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine2
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Middleware: SDL
- Unreal series
- Unreal Tournament series
There are no reviews for the Linux release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
German indexOn February 28, 2003, the English version of Unreal Tournament 2003 was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
The game was re-released in Germany in October 2003, because the game was banned short before the introduction of the new law for the protection of the youth, making the USK ratings valid. Therefore the USK rated the game again (USK 16) and therewith annihilated the previous ban.
German versionIn the German version, the blood was re-coloured green and gore effects were removed.
LinuxCD3 contains a script (linux_installer.sh) which allows you to play UT2K3 under Linux.
- 2002 – #10 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Best Graphics of the Year
- 2002 – Best Graphics of the Year (PC)
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 13, 2003 - Best Graphics in 2002 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- NZMac Review (A (largely) unscored review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Nov. 03, 2003).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.