DescriptionParty Classics is the third main game in the Lips karaoke series and builds on the concept of the previous games. The visuals have been slightly overhauled, which is most apparent in the menus, with different themes. Largely the same modes are supported, along with the ability to sing long or short versions of the songs. There is a singleplayer mode, and multiplayer with versus, co-op and a number of mini-games. Players have to sing along with lyrics on the screen using a microphone to fill empty bars, along with pitch and timing lines to get it right, while a video plays in the background. Songs can never be failed, players just receive less points. The real music videos are supported, along with custom, animated ones. Points are awarded based on accuracy. This builds a meter that can be used to unleash a Star Scream. When it's available you tilt the microphone and all lines are filled with stars. You can then fill them with your voice.
The motion controls are still used when your avatar (or a silhouette if you have none) turns up in between verses. They show a motion such as moving their hands in the air or playing a guitar and you have to mimic it. You move the microphone as if you're playing the instrument. There are some new moves such as clapping to the beat in time.
Just like the previous games the series' sensitive wireless microphones are supported, but for the first time regular USB microphones can be used as well, from Rock Band or Guitar Hero for instance. With those, avatar movements, mini-games and percussions instruments are not supported, as those peripherals are not motion sensitive. Importing custom songs in the Freestyle mode from a USB device is also still possible.
The disc-swapping mechanism to import songs from other Lips titles is still retained. Those songs can be imported by swapping the disc in-game. The only improvement is that the original disc does not need to be reinserted after every song anymore. Once Lips: Number One Hits has been inserted for instance, you can continue singing songs from that disc without having to swap back constantly. The mic tutorial makes a return, to making syncing the microphones easier.
New to the series is the performance viewer. Any performance can now be saved to watch again afterwards. The Jukebox mode has been removed and it is replaced with the ability to make a playlist from the main menu.
The 40 songs ranging from 60's up to the 90's included on the disc are:
- 4 Non Blondes - What's Up
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
- Amy Winehouse - Rehab
- Aqua - Doctor Jones
- Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
- Cameo - Word Up
- Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
- DeBarge - Rhythm of the Night
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is in the Heart
- Divinyls - I Touch Myself
- Don McLean - American Pie
- Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
- Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- James - Laid
- James Blunt - You're Beautiful
- Kiss - Rock and Roll All Nite
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking
- New Order - True Faith
- Opus - Live is Life
- Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me
- The B-52's - Love Shack
- The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
- The Knack - My Sharona
- The Pretenders - Brass in Pocket
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
- UB40 - Red Red Wine
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Whitesnake - Is This Love
There are no Xbox 360 screenshots for this game.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|RealGamer||Apr 16, 2010||8 out of 10||80|
|Console Monster||Mar 10, 2010||76 out of 100||76|
|MS Xbox World||Mar 29, 2010||7.5 out of 10||75|
|IGN||Mar 11, 2010||7.3 out of 10||73|
|XboxAchievements||Mar 21, 2010||67 out of 100||67|
|XGN||Mar 07, 2010||6.5 out of 10||65|
|AceGamez||Mar 29, 2010||60 out of 100||60|
|Cheat Code Central||2010||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.