DescriptionFlaming Cliffs is an expansion to the game Lock On: Modern Air Combat. It was developed independently by the Eagle Dynamics after the original publisher Ubisoft decided to no longer fund the project. Therefore this add-on was called "unofficial", even though it was sold both as a download and in retail, and it was later included in the Lock On Gold compilation.
The game is a highly realistic combat flight simulator and includes all features of the original Lock On: Modern Air Combat. It adds the Su-25T as a player-flyable aircraft and introduces training missions with voice-over instruction. The three new campaigns are the most important addition. The player can take part in a conflict between Russia and the NATO Georgia alliance as a Russian Su-25T pilot in twenty missions. After Russia had to hand back several bases to NATO in Abkhazia, Georgia took control of the region with a bloody operation, adding the troubled regions of Ingooshetia, Ossetia and Karachai-Circassian to the unending war in Chechnya. This leads to a large military confrontation with the NATO that secretly defies its neutral position by providing terrorists with arms and funding to push back Russia. The other campaigns have the player fly in a Su-27 (26 missions) and a MiG-29 (28 missions).
This add-on includes the following new features:
- Addition of the Su-25T as a player-flyable aircraft;
- Training missions with voice-over instruction;
- Three new, 20-plus mission campaigns;
- Improved ground texture with even greater detail;
- New ground textures for winter, spring, summer and autumn;
- New aircraft skins;
- New military and civilian ground facilities;
- New single missions;
- Upgrades and feature additions to version 1.02 of Lock On: Modern Air Combat;
- Adjusted and added additional documentation.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Lock On: Горячие скалы" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gamesmania.de||Aug 29, 2005||89 out of 100||89|
|7Wolf Magazine||May 04, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Games.cz||Jul 21, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||May 24, 2005||61 out of 100||61|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ManualThe manual was included as a PDF on the game disc, but the development studio also offers a full version of the manual in ring binder format. It can be bought online for $24.99.
Related Web Sites
- LockOn (Official Lock-on Modern Air Combat homepage.)