DescriptionLock On: Modern Air Combat is the first true modern hardcore flight simulator since the days of Falcon 4.0 and a direct continuation of the Flanker (1.0/2.0) games. Players get to fly six different aircraft: Mig-29, SU-25, SU-27, SU-33, F-15 and A-10. Comprehensive training missions and wide range of single missions help to prepare to the campaign where the player either helps to stop the Russian invasion of Ukraine or advances it. Multiplayer offers head-to-head or a co-op mode through TCP/IP or locally on LAN.
- "霸空飛將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "LoMac" -- Common abbreviation
- "Lock On: Современная боевая авиация" -- Russian spelling
- "Lock On: Air Combat Simulation" -- European title
- "Flanker 3" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: A-10 Thunderbolt II
- Aircraft: F-15 Eagle
- Aircraft: MiG-29 Fulcrum
- Aircraft: Su-25 Frogfoot
- Aircraft: Su-27 & Su-33
- Flanker games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Lock On series
There are no reviews for this game.
|JeuxVideoPC.com||May 20, 2005||18 out of 20||90|
|Withingames||Dec 30, 2003||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Gamer||Feb, 2004||79 out of 100||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2003||78 out of 100||78|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 2004||78 out of 100||78|
|4Players.de||Dec 15, 2003||76 out of 100||76|
|Gamigo||Dec 25, 2003||7.4 out of 10||74|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 2003||70|
|Factornews||Dec 18, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
|GameSpy||Dec 28, 2003||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe game was released with quite a number of flaws that were eventually addressed in the patches 1.01 and 1.02. After that, publisher Ubisoft no longer supported the development studio on additional work for the game. Eagle Dynamics took matters eventually in their own hands and released the expansion Lock-on: Flaming Cliffs (an updated re-release), but they had to call it "unofficial".
Related Web Sites
- Lock On: Modern Air Combat (Official website)
- Official site of the Game (In the site you can find the latest news about the game and add-ons.)
- Spanish virtual Lomac Squadron (Home site of the Spanish Lock on virtual Squadron. In the site you can get the latest news about the Lock On series, join campaigns and create friends.)
- Wikipedia: Lock On: Modern Air Combat (article in the open encyclopedia)