Bonus gameThere is a hidden bonus game which was an updated version of P.O.D.. See here on how to unlock it on the DOS version of the game.
CarsIt appears that there are only three kinds of cars in the game, but there are actually five for you to choose from. The original three, the opponent's car, and the sprite car. All three were playable in early versions of the game.
EditorThe RECS track editor was originally planned as a data disk for Lotus 2.
PC version differences
The PC DOS version differs in some odd ways from the Amiga and ST versions of the game:
- from the selectable cars, the Esprit Turbo SE has been replaced by the Esprit S4 in the PC version
- some gameplay elements are not present, like the trunks in the forest level (so you can't jump over water)
- the screen's aspect ratio is wrong, causing the car sprites to be squeezed vertically
- even when selecting "Soundblaster", the game does not feature any digital sound effects. There's no "Marks, set, go!" either.
Still, the PC port is quite remarkable as it is playable on a 286 with 12 MHz already and is almost perfectly fluid at 16 MHz.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1993 – Best Sports Game of 1992 (Readers' Vote)
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best Sports/Racing Game in 1992 (Amiga version)