DescriptionA piece of hyperfiction masquerading as a rare romantic text adventure game about a big date with what could be Mr. Right. Choose-your-own-adventure interaction spins the customized player along whimsical tangents but ultimately all plot forks either lead to dead ends or rejoin the fixed-rail central narrative. Manic and wacky energy drive even the second chances resulting from the selection of obviously wrong choices, all while skewering conventions of the romance genre.
- "Love's Fiery Rapture: The Torrid Tale of What Could Turn Out to be THE Perfect Date" -- AGT port tag-lined title
- "Love's Fiery Rapture" -- AGT port
- "Love's Fiery Imbroglio: The Torrid Tale of What Could Turn Out to be THE Perfect Date" -- Tag-lined title
- "LoveFire" -- Catalogue listing
Part of the Following Groups
- GAGS / AGT games
- Gameplay feature: Dating / Romance
- Genre: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure
- Protagonist: Female
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThis game (originally written in Pinnacle's proprietary MS-DOS PINNTALE hypertext engine -- apparently to demonstrate its capabilities, since this is its only known product) was ported to the AGT (Adventure Game Toolkit) interactive fiction scripting language by Mike Ryan -- source available at http://mirror.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/source/agt/rapture.zip.
Related Web Sites
- IFArchive download link (A quick and easy link to download the game.)
- Play Love's Fiery Imbroglio (Free, legal play of the game through a web browser.)