missing cover art
DescriptionPuzzle designer Cliff Johnson made this "meta puzzle" game where you play as the letter "3" who, during a power surge, has been zapped from a spreadsheet report into the bowels of the computer. The story involves "3" repairing the system, avoiding a virus detector, outwitting the taunting pi symbol, and ultimately getting back home.
There's over 80 puzzles which include:
- Geometric lift puzzles, in which 3 must get from one side to the other by walking on lifts which move up and down in patterns depending on which is moved.
- Mesh puzzles, in which a mesh (of 3x3 to 9x9 sizes) must be changed to match the pattern shown.
- Missing vowels, where missing vowels must be added to common proverbs or homophones.
- Trapdoor puzzles - where you must open or close doors which will in turn trigger others in order to get the whole set of doors in the same state.
- Reordered word puzzles, where you rearrange a word by clicking three letters which will each time switch two letters and form another word.
- Logic puzzles, rearrange a grid of items in a specific order to match a certain rule.
As puzzles are solved a letter is filled in the master word until all are in place then a logic puzzle is used to properly order them. Then the endgame is reached where hints found in previous puzzles are used to finish the meta-puzzle and complete the game.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 15 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 1990 MacWorld - Game Hall of Fame
- 1991 MacUser - Game of the Year
- 1991 GAMES Magazine - Best Puzzle