🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > America's Army: Operations > Advertising / Product tie-ins

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 5/22/2011 9:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I noticed that some of those America's Army games are in this group while others are not. I think it is time to discuss if to add the others too or to file corrections.

I never played those games so I can't give a qualified statement. but spontaneously I wouldn't add them to this group. It may be primarily an PR tool but as far as I know the player is just an US army soldier and there is no direct advertisement involved.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/23/2011 12:34 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Actually, all America's Army should be removed from all the product tie game group. United States Army (or anything state-related for that matter) is not trademark.

That should make you guys confused.

leilei (343) on 5/23/2011 1:51 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--]United States Army (or anything state-related for that matter) is not trademark. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

According to USPTO, it is.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/23/2011 3:31 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Poor legal philosophy. Should be subject to administrative and state law, which to a certain text extent is not applicable due to the sovereignty status of the entity involved. e.g. United States of America (TM).

Would also be problematic for all those war games that use those presumably military trademarks for those games (e.g. games with United State Marine Corp. plots).

Can't seem to enter the website.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 5/25/2011 7:31 AM · Permalink · Report

This is one place where Corn Popper may actually have the best expertise to make a ruling.

Corn Popper (69027) on 5/26/2011 3:57 AM · Permalink · Report

I would say just the very first game would qualify as a tie-in