missing cover art
DescriptionAngband is an updated version of the game Moria, adding more monsters, character races and classes; deepening the dungeon from 50 levels to 100; and including such new features as monster pits and unique items. The object of the game is to become powerful enough to defeat a difficult unique monster, Morgoth, at the bottom of the dungeon.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 35 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "PCAngband" -- DOS title
- "Angband: The Pits of Angband" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Permadeath / Permanent Death
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Rogue variants / Roguelikes
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
LicenseAngband was released with a licence similar to Linux's General Public License. Because of this, there are many different Angband variants available, such as Zangband, PernAngband, and Oangband.
Related Web Sites
- Angband for Nokia Internet Tablets (Arnim Sauerbier's Angband port to Nokia Internet Tablets.)
- Classic Mac Gaming: Angband - Past, Present & Future (IMG article about Angband and its history.)
- Play Angband - rephial.org (official game website)
- Tales From the Pit (A new Angband comic strip!)
- Thangorodrim ("The Angband Page". Documentation, FAQs, list of Variants, and downloads for all platforms (no longer updated).)
- The Angband comic archive (Archive of a series of text-only cartoons in Angband style that appeared between 2001 and 2003.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.