missing cover art
DescriptionIt has been a long journey. From the humble beginnings as a youth in the security of Candlekeep, traveling to the depths of slaved-worked mines, to the cloak-and-dagger politics of Baldur's Gate; as far down as the capital city of Amn, having to deal with the depraved obsessions of the madman Jon Irenicus and an army of undead. The protagonist has seen the death of friends, gained new companions, and met lovers. After much hardship and toil it has come down to this. It all ends here in Tethyr. A great war for dominance is waging between the children of the god Bhaal. The protagonist stands in the center of the struggle. It is time to end the questing and get the answers sought for so very long.
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal is an add-on to Shadows of Amn and requires it for playing. Despite being an expansion pack, the game directly continues the story from Shadows of Amn, and is the final chapter of the Baldur's Gate saga, following the adventures of the main character through the Forgotten Realms universe. The hero(ine) encounters new characters, new lands, new items, equipment, quests, and monsters, up to the ultimate battle that concludes the overarching story.
The add-on raises the level cap to 40, and allows the characters to access the most powerful attacks and spells. All the party members from the previous game are playable and selectable from the onset, with the addition of a new surprising companion, Sarevok, whom the player has met in the first game. The game also adds a large dungeon called Watcher's Keep, which contains the game's most powerful enemies and can be accessed from Shadows of Amn, provided Throne of Bhaal is installed.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 34 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "柏德之門II：邪神霸權" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "博德之门2: 巴尔的王座" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Bode zhi Men 2: Baer Wangzuo" -- Chinese title
- "BGII:ToB" -- Informal title
- "Baldur's Gate II: Tron Bhaala" -- Polish title
- "Baldur's Gate II: Der Thron des Bhaal" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Baldur's Gate series
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay Feature: Having Children
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory
- Gameplay Feature: Pickpocketing
- Games made into books
- Graphics Engine: Infinity Engine
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||Apr 02, 2004||98 out of 100||98|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jan 15, 2004||8.25 out of 10||82|
|AppleLinks.Com||Jun 27, 2004||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Pending correction||1||Patrick Bregger (163889)
Aug 21, 2011
NovelWizards of the Coast published a novelization of this game in 2001, written by Drew Karpyshyn.
PantaloonEver wonder what the Gold Pantaloons in Baldur's Gate were for? What about the Silver ones in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn? If you import your character from BG1 (who has the Gold Pantaloons) into BG2, find the Silver ones there, and then import this character into Throne of Bhaal, you will need to find the Bronze Pantalettes. After that, Kerrick the Smith can combine them to create the Big Metal Unit, giving your character an AC of -10, as well as the Big Metal Rod weapon which shoots frag grenades, pulse ammo, and scorcher ammo. Wearing the armor makes your character literally look like a Juggernaut Golem.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2002 (Issue #213) - Best Game Expansion in 2001
- 2001 – PC Expansion Pack of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Baldurdash (A site by Kevin Dorner of Bioware containing hundreds of unofficial bug fixes for both Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal that weren't corrected by any of the official patches.)
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (Official site for Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.)
- Baldurs Gate Trilogy (A German Fansite - containing tons of detailed informations, Walkthrough, and files (media and patches, including the unofficial german text-patch))
- Hints for Throne of Bhaal (Walkthroughs can spoil a game by revealing everything at once. The hints on this site give you gentle nudges toward the solutions to help you solve the game yourself.)
- Mike's Baldur's Gate II pages (A great resource site for Baldur's Gate II. Tips, walkthroughs, maps and much more.)
- Pocket Plane Group (Pocket Plane Group publishes a number of detailed mods for Baldur's Gate 2 and other Infinity Engine games. BG2 Mods include Kelsey NPC, Quest Pack, the BG1Tutu converter, Banter Packs, and Ashes of Embers.)