missing cover art
DescriptionBlitzkrieg is a real-time strategy game with three campaigns during World War 2. During the campaigns the player keeps its core army of tanks and guns. In the missions there are additionally units provided by the game, including infantry and air units. There is a description of all units in the game, even if the units cannot be commanded by the player. The three campaigns are:
- Allies (US, UK, French) fighting in Europe and Africa
- German fighting in Europe, Africa and Russia
- Soviet Union fighting in Russia and afterwards in Europe
- Get experience for the profile of the player to increase the rank of the profile. A higher rank leads to a larger core army.
- Get experience for the units in the core army, so that the units become deadlier.
- Exchange weapons to newer types.
The game itself has a 2D graphic, but uses a 3D terrain with a full destructible environment. Buildings can be occupied by infantry to use them as cover. The game includes maps for multiplayer matches over LAN or the internet.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 22 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "闪电战" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Блицкриг" -- Russian spelling
- "Blitzkrieg: Jedyną obroną jest atak " -- Polish title
- "Blitzkrieg: Attack Is The Only Defense" -- UK title
- "Blitzkrieg: Angriff ist die einzige Verteidigung" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Blitzkrieg series
- Covermount: PC Action
- Game Engine: Enigma
- Games referenced in movies
- Historical conflict: World War II
There are no reviews for this game.
|Games4Mac||2008||73 out of 100||73|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jun 24, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Perspective||2||Ace of Sevens (4474)
Oct 20, 2007
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Blitzkrieg - CDV Software Entertainment AG (Official site)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.