DescriptionCaesar III is a city building game, in which you place building and lay out zones. You are in charge of a small province, and hope to make it as peaceful and prosperous as possible, following the advice of your citizens to make it work. The game also features defending your city, by forming an army. and for trade, but you never leave your city. You must pay attention to the Gods, who can inflict disasters if not satisfied. As the game progresses, new technologies become available, which you must allow for.
It is about people and systems. Each building that you build requires you to hire people; people that you see walking the streets of your town. The marketplace needs saleswomen, and buyers. You see the buyers walk to your granary to buy food, which they then bring back to granary. The sales lady walks up the street selling food to the houses she finds, which allows them to evolve to better housing, which pay higher taxes. The people in this game make the difference. Instead of a police station having a radius of effectiveness, it sends out a police officer who can only fight crime and fires he sees. The need to rely on randomly walking citizens, means placement of buildings is as significant as in Serf City/The Settlers.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 22 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "凱撒大帝3" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "凯撒大帝III" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Цезарь 3" -- Russian spelling
- "Cezar III" -- Polish title
- "César III" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Game Gate||1999||100|
|MacReactor||1999||4.5 out of 5||90|
|All Game Guide||1999||90|
|Mac Gamer||1999||80 out of 100||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Nov 12, 1999||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesIn 1999, Caesar III won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- PC Gamer
- April 2000 - #50 in the "All-Time Top 50 Games" poll (tied with Grand Theft Auto)
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1999 - Best Managerial Simulation in 1998
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1999 – Best Building Strategy Game in 1998
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland
- 1999 - Gold Awards
Related Web Sites
- Caesar 3 Map Archive (a collection of maps for the game)
- Caesar III Heaven (An all encompasing site devoted to the game)
- Caesar III Unlimited (A comprehensive site with trainers too.)
- Caesar's Senate (A collection of news and patches)
- Sierra Forums (This is a site where you can discuss everything about Caesar III!)