missing cover art
DescriptionChampionship Manager 4 is the latest addition to the long-running series of soccer management sims. Like its predecessors, the interface still consist mainly of text, menus and clickable boxes, which are all easily navigated using a mouse. For most games this distinct lack of graphics could easily mean its downfall, but as CM4 relies heavily on realism, authenticity and an intuitive interface to attract gamers, it actually works very well.
Though CM4 is visually very similar to its successors, it does offer a few new additions as well as some enhancements to the series. The most notable of these additions is the 2D pitch viewpoint, which is only available during matches. Basically, it replaces the classic commentaries with a top-down view of the match, where you can watch your players live up to your selected tactics (or watch them stuff up in style). Other additions and enhancements include a totally skinable interface, a revamped tactics engine and an enhanced contract negotiating system.
As for the actual gameplay, little as changed since the last installment. Being the manager still means you're in charge of almost every aspect of your selected club, from hiring staff to setting up team tactics and so forth. And you still have to live up to that pesky club board's expectations.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 5 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "冠军足球经理4" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Scudetto 4: Championship Manager" -- Italian title
- "Meistertrainer 4" -- German title
- "L'Entraîneur 4: Saison 2002-2003" -- French title
- "CM4" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Games4Mac||2003||93 out of 100||93|
|JeuxMac.com||May, 2003||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - The Daily Mirror Award: Best of British
Related Web Sites
- CM Gamer (A fan site with everything about CM, including a large forum.)
- CM Sverige (Swedish CM site.)
- SIGames (Official CHampionship Manager page.)
- The Dugout (One of the best CM fan sites with a lot of players, tactics and downloads.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.