missing cover art
Advertising BlurbsGOG store description:
You are Riddick, the most wanted man in the universe. The enigmatic anti-hero of Riddick is famous, of course, from the runaway sleeper hit of 2000--Pitch Black--and its sequel, The Chronicles of Riddick. This game takes place before either of the movies, filling in some of the backstory of Riddick’s dark and dangerous past. Make a dramatic escape from Butcher Bay, the galaxy's deadliest prison, in this intense fusion of first-person shooter, fighter, and stealth adventure.
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena includes a graphically enhanced remake The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and the sequel, Assault on Dark Athena.
- This excellent game won a number of editor’s choice awards from places like IGN, GameSpot, and GameSpy.
- The main character--Riddick--is voiced and partially designed by Vin Diesel himself.
There is a rule that licensed games based on movies are typically, well, not too good. The Chronicles of Riddick does not simply break this rule, it obliterates the rule and dances on its still-warm ashes. Some even say that this game has greatly exceeded the movies it was based upon. David Twohy (the scriptwriter for both Riddick movies) and Vin Diesel both contributed to the game’s development, assuring a maximum level of consistency with the world shown on the big screen. The level of polish is astonishing throughout the entire game. The stealth/adventure/brawler/RPG gameplay is slick and intuitive, characters are interesting and “alive”, and the combat is fun and visually realistic (which is a nice way of saying “bloody”). So find for yourself it you have what it takes to not only survive in Butcher's Bay and assault the Dark Athena, the most dangerous places in the universe, but also make them bow to your will.
Contributed by Foxhack (15956) on Jun 07, 2017.
In Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, you play as Riddick, the most ruthless criminal in the universe, who has been captured by The Dark Athena, a mercenary ship hellbent on eliminating him. Using stealth, firepower, and hand-to-hand combat skills, Riddick must defeat the maniacal Captain Revas. When Riddick steps into the darkness, no one's safe.
- Brutal and graphic executions: Enjoy dozens of graphically gorgeous ways to perform brutal instant executions on unsuspecting enemies.
- Advanced melee combat mechanics: The well-developed hand-to-hand combat system combines traditional melee attacks with blocks, parries, and savage counterattacks.
- Intuitive stealth system: An intuitive stealth system unique to the FPS genre adds a whole new dimension of strategy to traditional action and FPS game play.
- Exciting online multiplayer: Multiplayer includes never before seen game modes as well as melee combat and stealth action.
- Escape from Butcher Bay included: A new version of the award winning Xbox and PC title Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay -- recognized as one of the best games of 2004 -- has been visually re-mastered for next-gen systems, and included free along with the new Dark Athena campaign. The game is developed by acclaimed developers Starbreeze Studios.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on Jun 27, 2010.
Be Riddick: the most ruthless criminal in the universe.
- An intense shooter set in an epic sci-fi world
- Riddick brings the darkness with stealth action and brutal melee combat
- For the first time, play Riddick in multiplayer against friends or online
In his latest chronicle, Riddick has been captured by The Dark Athena, a mercenary ship hell bent on eliminating him once and for all. Using his intense hand-to-hand combat skills, explosive firepower, and lethal stealth, Riddick must shut down the maniacal Captain Revas and her deadly crew. When Riddick steps into the darkness, no-one is safe.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on May 18, 2010.