DescriptionClose Combat is the first installment of Microsoft's Close Combat series that bases its power more on a strategy, then on real-time battling. You're placed as the battlefield commander as you command your troops in Normandy. Choose either to play as Axis or an Allies.
There are no promo images for this game
- "戰鬥神將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Project X" -- Working title
- "Close Combat: Take command of men who act like real soldiers" -- Tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Prenez le commandement de véritables soldats" -- French tag-lined title
- "Beyond Squad Leader" -- Working title
- "Advanced Squad Leader" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||1996||90 out of 100||90|
|About This Particular Macintosh||Feb, 1998||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1996||70|
|Mac Game Gate||1996||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe concept of Close Combat had been in the works for a long time. The basic game design already existed as Project X at the time Atomic Games was working on the V for Victory games for Three-Sixty Pacific, Inc., later became Advanced Squad Leader and Beyond Squad Leader when Avalon Hill wanted them to do a Squad Leader video game, and it was eventually called Close Combat when Atomic Games teamed up with Microsoft.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.