DescriptionYou're the commander of the allied forces at Operation Market Garden. You can play as either the Germans or the Allies. You play on the battlefield in real-time. The battlefield is bloody and realistic, with scary screams of man down as you watch a man get his head blown off, (the games played in a topdown view,) and the ratta-tat-tat of the German machine-guns. Real machine gun sounds.
The Close Combat series have always been realistic because of the AI. Your men will run away if the Germans do a rush or something like that, and they'll be unresponsive if you make them do something stupid (like rushing tanks), and if they start to move into gunfire, under your command of course, they'll go back to the start, or away from the enemy.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 14 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "戰鬥神將2：奪橋遺恨" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "Close Combat: Un pont trop loin - Le frisson du combat - Le pouvoir de commander" -- French tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Un pont trop loin" -- French title
- "Close Combat: Die Brücke von Arnheim - Der Nervenkitzel des Kampfes - die Macht der Befehlsgewalt" -- German tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Die Brücke von Arnheim" -- German title
- "Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far - The Thrill of Combat-The Power of Command " -- Tag-lined title
- "Close Combat 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1998||90|
|All Game Guide||1998||90|
|Mac Gamer||1997||90 out of 100||90|
|About This Particular Macintosh||Jun, 1998||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far (official website)
- CSO Close Combat Clan Mods (A lot of maps and downloads to enhance your Close Combat Games)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.