missing cover art
DescriptionCombat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin is the second game in the Combat Mission series. The game covers World War II on the Eastern Front from 1941 to 1945.
The game itself is a hybrid of real-time and turn-based play in which you are put into a mission set to take place over a specific number of turns. You begin each turn with the phase where you issue orders to your units. Once you give those orders, you get to sit and watch for a full minute without being able to interact with your army. Based on your planning at the beginning of the turn you will either succeed or fail.
The game offers four geographical regions that the missions take place in, the first being Finland the then all the way to the Black Sea. Each location has it's own weather conditions that effect play of the game.
For realism, all seven nations that you can play as have a full table of organization and equipment - having thousands of individual units based on what year, month and region the mission takes place in.
The game lets you play in either Operation, Battle or Quick Battle modes along with multiplayer options.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 26 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "战斗任务：巴巴罗萨到柏林" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Линия фронта: Барбаросса" -- Russian spelling
- "Combat Mission 2" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jan 14, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Wargame of the Year (Editors' Choice)
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Wargame of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- Battlefront.com (Home of the developer and publisher of Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin)
- Combat Mission 2 (Official website by CDV (publisher))
- Combat Mission HQ (The 'Official' Fansite of the Combat Mission games. Covers both Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord and Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.