missing cover art
DescriptionA new chapter in the C&C universe set somewhere 20 years ahead from the real world, which pit 3 sides for global domination. Players will be able to select from 3 sides which are US forces, Chinese forces and the GLA(Global Liberation Army). Generals features real world weapons and inspired weapons, new control schemes, state of the art game engine called Sage, and all the normal multiplayer features found in the C&C universe. Generals marks the first in the series too not include FMV like the previous batch and also the first non-Westwood game. Technically it's developed by EA Pacific of the Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge team.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 30 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "終極動員令：將軍" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Command & Conquer: Generäle" -- German re-release title
- "C&C: Generals" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Sage 3D
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Command & Conquer games
- Command & Conquer Generals series
- Gameplay Feature: Fog of War
- Setting: Baikonur Cosmodrome
- Technology: amBX
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Mac Gamer||Apr 26, 2004||98 out of 100||98|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Apr 20, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|JeuxMac.com||May, 2004||4 out of 5||80|
|Macworld||Jul 26, 2004||70|
|AppleLinks.Com||May 25, 2004||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German CensorshipCommand & Conquer: Generals was first temporarily (February 28, 2003) and later definitely (March 06, 2003) put on the German index. This means that it is forbidden to sell the game to minors or to advertise it in any form. The BPjM, Germany's banning office, said that C&C: Generals is too close to real-world events (i.e. the threat of an Iraq war) and to cynical - for example sending out suicide attackers, carpet bombing and raiding UN convoys.
Later it has been re-released in a heavily censored version:
- Many units and places were renamed. For example, the USA faction was called WA (Western Alliance) and China was AP (Asian Pact). Terrorists were renamed to Activists.
- All civilians were removed, and all soldiers were replaced by cyborgs, like in previous German C&C releases. Therefore some quotes of the GLA Worker like "I'm hungry" or "My hammer is too heavy" were removed completely.
- Suicide bombers were replaced by telecommunication units.
ReferencesIn one of the single player missions, which are begin played in the area of kazachstan, there is a dutch traffic sign! The sign is a real dutch sign with 'Breda' and 'Geertruidenberg' on it, 2 dutch cities.
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 13, 2004 - "Best PC Strategy Game in 2003" (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 02/2004– Best Strategy Game in 2003 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Command & Conquer: Generals (The official homepage)
- Command & Conquer: Generals music samples by composer Bill Brown (Listen to streaming and downloadable MP3 music tracks at the composer's official site. )
- Generals Walkthrough (The walkthrough for all nations, includes pictures to assist the player tactically.)
- Modern War in Real-Time (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Command & Conquer: Generals, with commentary provided by David Solorzano Lowell (April, 2004).)
- Planet C&C (All the C&C games covered extensively on these pages. Articles, reviews, files for download, chat and more.)
- The First Hours of Command & Conquer: Generals (Gamespot's article about the initial development of "Command & Conquer: Generals".)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.