DescriptionCubemen is a 3D tower defense game based around units made out of cubes. Each map starts with the player's base and one or more opponent's bases on a grid with cubes of different heights. The goal is usually to survive different waves of enemies by strategically placing different types of cubemen around the map. Units include Grill wielding a fast pistol but with low health, Flint who can set enemies on fire, Moty who launches mortars, Ricky with homing rockets, Lazlo with a laser gun, and more... for eight unit types in total. Each unit has a different type of gun, range, and health. Players can also toggle between close and far firing, but apart from that the units target on their own. As maps can be large, units can still be moved around after the initial placement. Defeated opponents yield cubes used as a currency to buy new units. Waves have different strengths and the difficulty is shown through a colour meter in the top left corner. In most game types the player has a limited amount of lives. One is lost every time a cubeman from the opponent reaches the player's base. While playing it is possible to zoom in and the camera can be rotated freely.
The three main game modes are Defense, Skirmish and Mayhem. Skirmish is a one-on-one mode against another player or the computer, while Mayhem is a full network game for free-for-all or with teams. Online multiplayer is fully cross-platform across PC (both Windows and Macintosh) and tablet. Defense is the main singleplayer mode and it is split up in six game types:
- Classic: survive all waves to win the game.
- Limited players: limited waves to defeat, but no more than eight cubemen can be on the field.
- Limited cubes: limited waves, but only 350 cubes to start and no way to earn more.
- Just rockets: limited waves but the player only has Ricky with rockets, while the opponent uses crossbow men.
- Endless: classic games with endless waves.
- Sudden death: endless waves but only one life for the player.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 11 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- 3sprockets.com/cubemen (project page on the developer's website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.