Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
Darkwood is in Early Access right now. This means that:
- The game will have bugs (ranging from minor annoyances to not being able to run the game at all) and will change during development.
- Your savegames will NOT be compatible between updates.
- New versions will be released in 1-2 month intervals.
- The difficulty will be unbalanced and unfair.
It is strongly recommended you ONLY buy the game if you want to influence the development. Otherwise, please wait for the final release.
PLEASE READ THE KNOWN ISSUES THREAD BEFORE BUYING
Darkwood is a unforgiving survival horror with a procedurally generated, open world. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.
The fear of unknown is powerful. Your senses will be deceived by Darkwood's surreal terrors. No answer will be given to you for free, yet somewhere in the woods lies the truth, an explanation to what has happened in this godforsaken place.
- By day, explore the randomly generated woods, scavenge for materials and weapons, discover secrets, solve mysteries and talk, trade with or kill the various inhabitants of Darkwood.
- By night, return to your hideout, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills or perks by extracting essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream.
- Each action you take will have impact on Darkwood and its inhabitants. The choices you make will define the story which you will experience.
- As days go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies will begin to blur. You will start to question the protagonist's sanity, but may also stumble upon your own hidden fears...
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 21 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Darkwood (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.