DescriptionDay of Defeat is an online game from the makers of Half-Life and Counter-Strike taking place during WWII in Europe. The player joins a team of an elite military squad in deep battle. These elite teams are made up of players of different classes like scout, infantry, sergeant, and machine gunner. Each player class has a unique arsenal at their disposal.
The game has a large collection of missions based on historical battles. It's also possible to download additional missions that have been created by the online development community.
Day of Defeat first started out as a downloadable Half-Life mod but was made available for retail later on. New features:
- British troops
- Enhanced FX for smoke, fire, rain, etc.
- New sounds and music
- Updated player and item models
- New maps
- Completely overhauled interface - supports in and out of game configuration, server browser and more.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 34 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "胜利之日" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "DoD" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Day of Defeat (Official website)
- Planet Half-Life: Day of Defeat (Planet Half-Life's guide to Day of Defeat.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.