missing cover art
DescriptionFinal DOOM is the last ID-Tech 1 Doom game. It includes two separate 32 level episodes: TNT: Evilution and the Plutonia Experiment.
Neither episode was made by ID Software themselves, but rather by two groups of individuals hired by ID; Team TNT (hence why Evilution has "TNT" in front of it and it's Iwad is named "TNT.wad") and the Casali brothers.
Game play in both is completely identical to Doom2, right down to the level progression (i.e. 30 levels and two secret levels). Other than the new levels, the only new things over Doom2 are new stories (both of which appear to directly follow on from Doom2 rather than each other) some new textures and, in TNT's case a few new music tracks.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 13 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: id Tech 1
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- DOOM series
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Ledge||1997||6.3 out of 10||63|
|HonestGamers||Oct 09, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|Joystick (French)||May, 1997||50 out of 100||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DOSBoxThe Steam download version of the game is listed as Windows 2000/XP/Vista platform because the executables are modified to use a DOSBox variant (v 0.70); additionally the traditional setup.exe is missing.
It is confirmed that neither Valve or id Software contacted the DOSBox project staff and initially the game didn't includes the TXT´s that must be present under the GPL license (so they failed to fulfill 2 points of the GPL license).
Two days after the launch, there was an update that includes COPYING, AUTHORS and THANKS.txt of the DOSBox 0.7
EvilutionMany people were angry about Id's decision to include Evilution in Final DOOM - it was originally going to be released as a freeware expansion onto DOOM II.
German indexOn April 30, 1997, Final Doom was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. More information about this topic can be found in the game group.
Information also contributed by DarkDante and Xoleras
Related Web Sites
- ClassicDOOM.com (Walkthroughs and guides, game comparisons, passwords, links and more, for game-console and computer-based Doom games)
- Doom Wiki (A Wiki site for the Doom series.)
- DoomWorld (The latest Doom news, levels, Total Conversions (TC's), ports and more.)
- Id Software (The official resting place of Final Doom)
- JDoom (Arguably the best revisited Doom engine. Take your original WAD files from Doom 1, 2 etc. and run them on this D3D/OpenGL and A3D enabled engine.)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Final DOOM.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.