missing cover art
DescriptionFireFly Studios' Stronghold is a combination of a building simulation (like SimCity) and a real-time strategy game. The player can build and conquer castles, populate lands with his peasants and defend his country from invaders. The game has two principal modes, simulation and invasion. In simulation, the player just builds castles and villages, without troubling himself with warfare. In invasion mode, one has to use tactical combat to defeat his enemies. The opponents are Duc de Puce, Duc de Beauregard, Duc Truffe and Duc Volpe, also called "the Rat", "the Snake", "the Pig" and "the Wolf", respectively. They all have different personalities and styles of combat, with the Wolf being the toughest adversary by far.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 24 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "要塞" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Twierdza" -- Polish title
- "Stronghold" -- Common title
Part of the Following Groups
- FireFly Studios' Stronghold series
- Genre: Simulation - Castle / Fortress building
- Setting: Medieval Europe
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Macworld||Sep 01, 2002||90|
|IGN||Aug 09, 2002||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Mac Gamer||2002||85 out of 100||85|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jun 12, 2002||8.25 out of 10||82|
|JeuxMac.com||Jun, 2002||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Christmas shopping referenceThere is an interactive voice in the main menu that reminds the player of Christmas shopping 10 days before Christmas.
Variations on different marketsThe German release has the campaign storyline set in Germany instead of England. Some versions of the game also have differences in the menu interface and the Pig's appearance (sometimes his head is covered).
Related Web Sites
- Building Castles with the Strength of Mac OS X (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Stronghold, with commentary being provided by MacSoft Product Manager Al Schilling (May, 2002).)
- Stronghold Heaven (An extensive site containing game-related info, custom levels, history, and a very active forum. Part of the HeavenGames network.)
- Stronghold Official Website (The official Stronghold website.)