missing cover art
DescriptionIn Garfield's Mad About Cats, Jon expresses displeasure with Garfield's lack of motivation towards performing traditional rodent control duties. Still, Garfield is sympathetic to the mouse problem and assumes his alter-ego of Dr. Frankencat and, along with his assistant Eager (Odie), descends into the mad scientist lab in house dungeon. The mission: create the perfect cat. To that end, Dr. Frankencat uses his computer to identify the most perfect traits of various cats from around the planet and assemble the features into a perfect cat.
The game allows the player to select different feline attributes such as size, roar, tail, and eyes, and then choose a cat from a global map that best showcases the feature. The game plays a brief educational video with a factoid about that cat. These lessons are then interspersed with one of 12 minigames that the player can elect to play before proceeding to the next lesson. The games are:
- Disco Jon: memorize and replay the flashing button sequence to make Jon boogie to the beat.
- Dress-A-Nerd: dress Jon using a variety of zany clothes from his own closet.
- Dunk Tank: launch baseballs at moving targets in order to dunk Binky the Clown in the drink.
- Soda Shaker: Garfield wants a soda but the soda machine places 4 cans on the table, shakes 3 of them, and swaps several pairs of cans. Pick the unshaken can.
- Odie Maze: a sliding tile puzzle where the player has to unscramble the scene so that Odie can make it to the fire hydrant.
- Hack Attack: Space Invaders clone - Garfield is being descended upon by a flock of Nermals that shoot cute hearts. Garfield must take out the invaders by hacking up hairballs.
- Fowl Shot: stick a chicken in a recliner and launch it at a moving target.
- Squash-A-Spider: dozens of spiders are descending on your pizza and coffee; squish them with a rolled-up newspaper.
- Burp Game: Breakout clone - Garfield needs to use his belches to bounce a mouse around to get all the cheese bricks.
- Matching Madness: a card matching game.
- Create-A-Character: an activity where the player can change the upper, middle, and lower sections of a character to create new, mismatched characters.
- Whack-A-Rat: clone of the venerable Whack-A-Mole game, with rats.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 24 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Cats
- Breakout variants
- Gameplay feature: "Simon says"
- Gameplay feature: Whac-A-Mole
- Garfield games
- Inspiration: Comics
- Space Invaders variants
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.