missing cover art
DescriptionGuild Wars 2 is an MMORPG and the sequel to the original Guild Wars game. It is set 250 years after the event of the last expansion from the original series, Eye of the North.
During these 250 years, massive creatures called elder dragons awakened and 5 races that were fighting each other are now fighting together against a greater threat, an elder dragon named Zhaitan that is spreading terror and corruption in all Tyria.
The player can choose from 5 playable races and 8 professions when creating a character, as well as some background story for his or her character. Each race have each own personal story related to the background questions answered upon game creation, while chosen profession have no effect on storyline. Each from 8 professions features a special mechanic related to it, along with different skills and weapon choices.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Guild Wars series
- Middleware: Awesomium
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Middleware: Umbra 3
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Portability Engine: Cider
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2012 – Best PC Game of the Year
- 2012 – Best Role-Playing Game of the Year
- 2012 – One of the Top 10 Games of the Year
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- 2012 - Best Online Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #2 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2013 – #3 Community Favourite of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/2013 – Game of the Year 2012 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 01/2013 – Online Role-Playing Game of the Year 2012 (Readers' Vote)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.