missing cover art
DescriptionHeart of China is an adventure game with a romantic theme somewhat reminiscent of films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark. Guide former WWI ace Jake Masters through 1930s Asia as he attempts to rescue the beautiful Kate Lomax, the kidnapped daughter of a ruthless American land baron. The game uses a point and click system for interaction and object manipulation, and is similar visually and gameplay-wise to Rise of the Dragon. Dialogue choices play an important role in advancing the plot. Some of the puzzles have multiple solution, and there are also optional short arcade sequences.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 39 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "בלב סין" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Shanghai Surprise" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Dynamix Game Development System (DGDS) games
- Setting: Chinese
- Setting: City - Hong Kong
- Setting: Interwar
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Just Adventure||Apr 28, 2004||B+||83|
|All Game Guide||1998||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CastWith a cast of nearly 100 actors, Heart of China was ahead of its time in some respects. Dynamix hero Damon Slye can be found among the cast members.
EGA versionA 16-color EGA version (and, included, 2-color CGA/MCGA version) was produced but rarely distributed. Screenshots of said versions are included in MobyGame's Screenshots section for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Heart of China - FAQs & Guides (from Gamefaqs.com)
- Heart of China Hints (These hints will help you solve the game on your own without spoiling it for you.)
- Heart of China Walkthroughs (on The Spoiler Centre)
- Walkthrough (Step by step solution to the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.