missing cover art
DescriptionReceiving news of her father's death, Catherine Ironfist, Queen of Enroth, sails for Erathia to attend her father's funeral. Fearing the worst, she assembles a military fleet as her escort. Arriving on the coast of Erathia, Catherine finds an allied wizard's tower, devastated from battle and abandoned. There she learns Erathia is falling to its enemies. Mustering local armies, Catherine marches to Erathia's capitol, restoring lost land along the way. Rescuing Erathia's besieged capitol, Catherine learns her father was poisoned with a goblet of wine. Setting herself up as queen, Catherine goes to war to restore Erathia's borders and discover her father's murderer. In the course of war, in an attempt to counter Catherine's recent successes, her enemies resurrect her buried father as an undead lich and make him general of their armies. Fighting her dead father's undead armies on the battlefield, Catherine continues her murder investigation and learns one of her most trusted generals was responsible. At the war'sconclusion, Catherine and her armies surround the last standing. Battling to the throne room, Catherine and her generals come face-to-face with Erathia's former king, now their undead enemy. From her assembled generals, Catherine points out the traitor. The undead king attacks and kills his murderer as Erathia's allied generals stand by and watch. Hunched over the dead body of his killer, the lich turns to the woman he named Catherine and once called daughter. Using a spell book, Catherine summons a lightning bolt from the sky and destroys her undead father. Sitting to the throne of her vanquished enemy, Catherine speaks, "Rest in peace father."
Better graphic, more colors, amazing animations, louder music, and same controls. The battle for lands continues, with different story and more units, spells and characters to use.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 58 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "魔法門英雄無敵3 (主程式)" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Герои Меча И Магии III: Возрождение Эрафии" -- Russian spelling
- "HOMM 3" -- Common abbreviation
- "Heroes of Might and Magic III: A Restauração de Erathia" -- Brazilian title
- "Heroes 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Ledge||Apr 09, 2000||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Mac Gamer||2000||90 out of 100||90|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jun 01, 2000||8 out of 10||80|
|JeuxMac.com||Dec, 2001||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
GeniesIf you look really close at the Genies, you will notice they are female (at least, their clothes look female, they appear to have breasts and wear makeup). However, the upgraded Genies (Master Genies) are surely male.
- The cheat codes for the game (without the expansions) are all quotes from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Have you ever noticed that the music that is played at the end of a week, when certain creatures grow at a higher rate, sounds almost exactly like a jingle that is often played in South Park?
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2000 - Most Addictive Game in 1999
- PC Gamer
- April 2000 - #35 in the " All-Time Top 50 Games" poll
- April 2005 - #25 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
Related Web Sites
- Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia (official website)
- Celestial Heavens (Tons of informations and dozens of maps & campaigns)
- International Web Site (International Web Site)
- Torre de Marfil (Spanish fansite of the saga)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.