DescriptionBuddy Burbank was a B-movie actor who one day met the wealthy Hildegarde Montague and married her. His wife's money allowed him to open his own studio, where he began to produce movies such as Attack of the Killer Rutabagas and other horror titles that gained little critical acclaim but apparently sold rather well. He then died of a heart attack, and Hildegarde followed him soon. In her will, she left the Burbank estate to her favorite nephew, under one condition: he has to find ten famous props from Buddy's movies within one night.
Hollywood Hijinx is a text adventure game. The player interacts with the environment by typing combinations of verb commands and objects. The game's environment contains secret passages and mazes, which are necessary to explore in order to find the props and successfully complete the game.
- "Hollywood Hijinx - a zany treasure hunt" -- Tag-lined title
- "Aunt Hildegarde's Secret" -- Working title
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|All Game Guide||1998||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Date - 87 for all?||3||Trypticon (6098)
Feb 27, 2014
TriviaBox contains Magazine "Tinsel World - News from Hollywood and around the globe, Vol. 35, No. 27", a Letter from Aunt Hildegarde Montague Burbank, a Photo of Uncle Buddy Burbank with poem on the back and your very own Lucky Palm Tree Swizzle Stick.
Related Web Sites
- Infocom Home Page Fan Site -- Fan site for all the skinny on Infocom products
- The Commodore Zone -- All about Hollywood Hijinx - introduction, images, related links and comments area.
- The Infocom Gallery -- High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Hollywood Hijinx.