missing cover art
DescriptionYou take the role of a prosecuting attorney in this legal thriller. Using film of real actors, you must question the witnesses and gather the pre-trial evidence. Then you must take what you have learned into trial and question the witnesses again, this time on the stand and in front of a jury.
The game is entirely from a first person perspective. Your character is never seen. You ask the witnesses questions which plays a pre-recorded video segment, then allowing you to ask a follow-up question, and so forth. Depending on the questions you ask and how you ask them, the witnesses attitude and the way they treat you will change.
After the trial is over the jury returns with the verdict. Will it be Murder in the first degree (pre-meditated), Murder in the second degree (Spontaneous), Manslaughter (Accidental), or Not Guilty? The decision is made by your trial and people skills.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 30 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Setting: City - San Francisco
- Theme: Law practice
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Mac Gamer||2002||2.5 out of 5||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
NovelIn December 1995, the game was adapted into the novel In the 1st Degree: A Novel by Domenic Stansberry.
Related Web Sites
- Electronic Press Kit (1995) (A 1995 EPK about In the First Degree from Brøderbund Software on the Internet Archive. The press kit includes an elongated trailer followed by an extended "Making of" segment, which draws from interviews with a number of those involved with the production of the game, including the Director, Peter Adair, the Writer, Dominic Stansburry, and a number of the actors, among others.)
- In The 1st Degree Walkthrough (Posted on The Spoiler Centre by an unknown author, this file provides each and every step to solving In the First Degree.)
- Walkthrough on IGN (Another complete solution by yet another unknown author.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.