DescriptionA FMV adventure set in the caves of Dun-Huang. A trap was set for a terrible demon. The trap worked all too well as it also trapped the stone cutters that built the trap in the walls of the cave. Its your mission to go in and unlock the stone cutters by solving various puzzles based on Chinese myth and lore.
The game uses the same slide show puzzles that made Myst famous. Unlike Myst, you have a mysterious guide who transforms in to a lotus blossom and provides history and explanations for the various puzzles.
There is also a help feature that provides clues to how to solve puzzles.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 12 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "塔克拉玛干—敦煌传奇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Taklamakan: Tonkō Denki" -- Japanese title
- "Taklamakan: Dunhuang Chuanqi" -- Chinese title
- "Quest for Karma" -- Windows 9x re-release title
- "Karma: Der Fluch der 12 Höhlen" -- German title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Sep, 2002||40|
|High Score||Jun, 1996||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThree years after its initial release as Karma: Curse of the 12 Caves, Chinese developer Interserv's puzzler had been patched and was being offered under a different name (Quest for Karma) by a different publisher (DreamCatcher).
In its patched form, Karma allowed gamers to spend more time grappling with its modest selection of 15 puzzles and less time grappling with its video problems. Unlike the contemplative (and more numerous) puzzles in Jewels of the Oracle or Gems of Darkness, half of Karma's puzzles test reflexes as well as wits. And in some of its puzzles, one false move instantaneously resets the puzzle to the beginning. That would no doubt be the "Instant Karma" feature.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Karma -- Universal Hint System file gives you the answers in question and answer format.
- Puzzle Solutions to Karma -- Balmoral's complete puzzle solutions with graphics
Chief Executive Officer: