DescriptionThe follow up to Links - The Challenge of Golf, Links 386 Pro features Harbour Town Golf Links course. Numerous improvements included photo-realistic SVGA graphics, improved physics, split screens, male/female golfers with different shirt colors, and enhanced sound effects. The
A CD version was released later, it added hole flybys with commentary (for certain courses).
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "Links Pro Macintosh" -- Macintosh title
- "Golf Links 386 Pro" -- FM Towns and PC-98 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
AccessoriesThe game was compatible with certain golf simulators (motion tracking controllers, such as PC Golf or Pro Swing) after installing software bundled with them.
TechnologyLinks 386 Pro could run in both 640x400 and 640x480 SVGA modes, depending on the hardware's capabilities. In 640x480, a tile pattern was used at the top and bottom of the screen to fill in the extra 80 pixels. SVGA drivers for Vesa SVGA and a plethora of vendor specific SVGA implementations were included, though Vesa cards tended to be the easiest to get working.
- Computer Gaming World
- October 1993 (Issue #111) – Overall Game of the Year
- March 1995 (Issue #128) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - 26 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/1993– Best Sports Game in 1992
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – Best Sports/Racing Game in 1992
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.