DescriptionMyst V: End of Ages is the final wrap-up of the successful Myst saga. It begins several years after the events of Uru, To D'ni, and Path of the Shell. This final chapter starts in the Age of K'veer, where Atrus, the creator of the linking books, lived in both Myst and Riven.
Players of previous Myst games learned of the D'ni, the people whose world died due to wrong-doings and neglect. Meet again an older and discouraged Yeesha, the daughter of Atrus and Catherine, who implores you to reconstruct a powerful tablet comprised of 4 parts. Explore beautiful Ages to find the pieces that will make the whole, solving puzzles which require logic and deduction. Once the tablet is reconstructed, it will be up to you to make the right choice .. Revive the D'ni world .. or destroy it. Three distinct endings can occur depending upon your final decision.
Besides RealMyst, the remake of the original Myst, this is the only game in the series to use real-time 3D which allows you to move fluidly throughout scenery that is alive with movement. Using new technology, facial expressions and movements are rendered by motion-capturing the faces of real actors and actresses as they spoke and then combining the result with the graphically rendered characters.
The interface is mouse-drive in point-and-click fashion traditional to the 4 previous games, but with options to play in "classic" or "free move" mode. An original, fully-orchestrated musical score compliments the gameplay.
- "迷霧之島5:最終章" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "神秘岛V：时代的终结" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "Myst V: Koniec Wieków" -- Polish title
- "Myst 5" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|USA Today||Oct 17, 2005||80|
|Macworld||Nov 30, 2005||80|
|MacLife||Feb 01, 2006||80|
|Just Adventure||Oct 11, 2005||B||75|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Nov 23, 2005||7.25 out of 10||72|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn 25th October 2005, Tim Larkin's original soundtrack was released on CD. It contains 17 tracks, runs over 50 minutes and also serves as an homage, of sorts, to the entire franchise. It can be ordered here.
Related Web Sites
- Apple Games Article (An article discussing Myst V: End of Ages, including comments from the developers.)
- Bert Jamin's Walkthrough (Complete solution with graphics)
- GameFaqs Guides (Walkthroughs and FAQs for Myst 5)
- Hint Guide (on Myst Obsession, a series fan site)
- Myst V: End of Ages (Official US website)
- Rand Miller Speaks About Myst V (A transcript of a meeting held with Rand Miller at the 2005 E3 trade show as provided by news site Just Adventure.)
- The Myst Guidebook (The End of Ages subsection of the Guidebook fansite that provides information about the game and a brief background on the game's production.)
- UHS Hints (Full guide with solutions arranged in question and answer format)
- Wikipedia: Myst V (A general article about the game on the open encyclopedia.)
- Zarf's Mini-Review (A mini-review of the Macintosh version of End of Ages by interactive fiction writer Andrew Plotkin (Feb. 24th, 2010).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.