missing cover art
DescriptionA kind of proto-Catz, Neko places an animated cat in a window on your desktop. While this is more of a software toy than a "game" per se, certainly you play with it: Neko chases the mouse cursor, scratching at the window borders if they get in the way. Leave the mouse idle for long enough and Neko will groom and go to sleep; move it suddenly and Neko will awaken, to resume the chase!
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "xneko" -- X Windows port
- "Replicat" -- BeOS port
- "Oneko" -- Linux and BSD port
- "NekoCat" -- PalmOS port
- "ANeko" -- Android title
- "Ameko" -- Amiga port
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaNeko originated on the Japanese NEC PC-9801.
Related Web Sites
- Download Ameko v1.01! (Free, legal download of the Amiga port!)
- Download Neko v1 for Windows 3.x! (Free, legal download of the original Windows release of Neko. (listed as neko.zip))
- NekoCat homepage (Free, legal download of the PalmOS port, plus source.)
- Welcome to the Web Neko Server! (This is just basically the same as the Windows 3.x version... online. You can also play the cat-herding game, which puts multiple Nekos on screen at the same time.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.