missing cover art
DescriptionA CD-ROM accompanying the book The New Media Reader includes the following historical New Media programs, including emulators for modern Windows and/or Macintosh computers wherever possible, among other multimedia and net.art content:
- Spacewar!, the first modern video game, running in a PDP-1 emulator;
- Eliza/Doctor, the first chatterbot, Hunt the Wumpus, the early hit computer game, and You!, "an interactively created, computer program generated data structure that simulates an intimate relationship between two people", representing the wave of early creative BASIC programs;
- Adventure, the first work in the interactive fiction form, and Curses, the harbinger of the modern era of noncommercial interactive fiction;
- Missile Command, Yar's Revenge, and Adventure representing the Atari 2600;
- Karateka, the early cinematically-inspired martial arts tour de force, Mystery House, the first text-and-graphics adventure game, and Wings out of Shadow from the little-known Berserker Works to demonstrate fresh currents on the Apple II;
- In the Ocean of Streams of Story, an interactive essay that includes video documentation of interactive video projects The Erl King and Sonata;
- Four hypertext poems: "Fours," "Heresy," "Zenobia, Queen of Palmyra," and "Accomplished Night";
- Commander Keen 1: Marooned on Mars;
- MacTuberling and Spit on Saddam to show off the Macintosh shareware ecosystem;
- Writing on the Edge, the Spring 1991 issue, bundled with Storyspace hypertexts Izme Pass WOE;
- The Clue, an animated poem with soundtrack, as a program for PC and documented on video;
- Cybertext HyperCard poems from the winner of the Electronic Literature Organization's first poetry prize;
- and the hypervideo documentary Jerome B. Wiesner: A Random Walk Through the 20th Century.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The New Media Reader (included games) (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.