- Species customization with such features as specifiable atmosphere type (oxygen, nitrogen, carbon or hydrogen), temperature range and tolerance, and four percentile-rated attributes -- curiosity, efficiency, reproduction, and aggression.
- Detailed ship and ship systems design.
- Detailed personnel management for your ministers/advisers (including selecting from a pool of candidates with varying attributes, attitudes and loyalty à la Koei's strategy games, such as the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series).
- Separate development and management of up to nine distinct regions of each planet.
- Planetary surface operations (primarily raids, assaults and even the landing of hostile colonists into specific planetary regions of enemy-controlled planets).
- Migration between planetary regions (even by another player's colonists, leading to Migration Wars!).
- Five different mineral resources grouped into scientifically-valid categories (Ferrites, Pyrrites, Silicates, Crystals, and Radiants) to find, mine and trade with other space civilizations.
- Starships organized into and moved as fleets, not individual ships.
- Espionage options that include bribing or assassinating enemy minister.
- Detailed custom research (tech design) in which individual attributes of developed ship systems can customized (e.g. a dynamic range/accuracy graph for weapons).
Edit View History
Chris Edgar (1473)