DescriptionPlayers explore the depths of true love and adventure in the medieval realms of Florin and Guilder in this collection of five mini-games based on the 1987 film (and its inspiration, William Goldman's 1973 novel of the same name), featuring several voice actors from the movie and a song, "Incredible", by Interscope recording artists Clique Girlz.
The mini-games are as follows:
- As You Wish, a time-management challenge in which smitten farmboy Westley attempts to perform specific farmyard chores for Buttercup.
- Battle of the Wits, in which the Dread Pirate Roberts faces off on various short-form quiz topics with the great brain Vizzini atop the Cliffs of Insanity.
- The Fire Swamp, a player-switching platform game à la The Lost Vikings where the Dread Pirate Roberts, who can fight, and Buttercup, who can leap and bound, collect gems and overcome Rodents Of Unusual Size.
- Miracle Max, charging the player with finding hidden ingredients in the miracle-worker's workshop and combining them in a cauldron to produce the desired result -- a chocolate-coated pill to bring Westley back to life.
- Storming the Castle, a Rube Goldberg machine puzzle of combining various unlikely objects available into a siege engine permitting the heroes of the story to storm Prince Humperdinck's castle.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 27 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|MacLife||Sep 03, 2008||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Sep 04, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- As You Wish: The Princess Bride Game (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of The Princess Bride Game (August, 2008).)
- Crap Shoot (Humorous review on PC Gamer)
- The Official Princess Bride Game Home (Official website of the game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.