DescriptionFive years after its predecessor, Railroad Tycoon 3 offers you the opportunity to build your own railroad empire, this time in full 3D. The most adventurous tycoons may even try to become wealthier than their competitors online. The game still revolves around the three key aspects that were featured in the previous game:
- Railroad building - Plot new routes, play with supply and demand, buy new locomotives in order to amass money.
- Economy - Buy up businesses and industries or open restaurants and hotels near your stations to become richer earlier.
- Stock Market - Invest in other rail companies, manipulate the market - the stock market may well make or break you.
There are no Macintosh screenshots for this game.
There are 19 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "铁路大亨3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Железнодорожный магнат 3" -- Russian spelling
- "Tielu Daheng 3" -- Chinese title
- "RT3" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Macintosh release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Macworld||Nov 22, 2004||90|
|JeuxMac.com||Jan, 2005||4 out of 5||80|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Jul 25, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|MacLife||Apr 01, 2006||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesRailroad Tycoon 3 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Board gameIn 2005 a tie-in boardgame (featuring the same cover artwork) was released, simply entitled Railroad Tycoon.
- Game Industry Awards
- 2004 - Simulation of the Year
- 2003 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2003 - PC Empire Builder of the Year
- 2004 - The Green Banana Award (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Build Your Own Iron Horse Empire (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Railroad Tycoon 3 (September, 2004).)
- Official Site (News, Game Art, Downloads)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.