DescriptionThe Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief is an episodic criminal adventure game in the style of Agatha Christie novels. The overall story is about a thief called The Raven who did some of the most spectacular coups until he was killed by an inspector called Legrand. A few years later: one of the famous Eyes of the Sphinx jewels is stolen from the British Museum. Style and execution seem to match those of the old Raven and are feeding rumors that The Raven may not be as dead as expected.
The game consists of three chapters called The Eye of the Sphinx, Ancestry Of Lies and A Murder Of Ravens. Initially only the first chapter was made available, with the subsequent chapters released in a monthly interval and automatically downloaded on release.
In the first chapter you start on the Orient Express and take over the role of Jakob Anton Zellner, a cozy old Swiss police officer, who has been ordered to help out the now famous inspector Legrand. On your journey by train and by ship you meet a dozen individual characters and all of them seem to be on their way to Egypt where the remaining Eye of the Sphinx is supposed to be exhibited. In later chapters you will also play the story from the perspective of several of the game's other key protagonists, revealing more details of the story and introducing plot twists.
The game is a classical point-and-click adventure, though the scenes are fully rendered in 3D. In addition to the classic mouse controls a controller can be used to move the character through the scenes. The game has an orchestral soundtrack and several cut-scenes, lending a cinematic edge to the game.
- "The Raven: Vermächtnis eines Meisterdiebs" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Distribution Method: Episodic
- Game Engine: Unity
- Gameplay feature: Lock picking
- Setting: City - Cairo
- Setting: City - Venice
- Setting: Orient Express
- The Raven series
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- One of the characters, Lady Clarissa Westmacott is modeled after renowned crime fiction writer Agatha Christie. Clarissa refers to her full name (Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie), and Westmacott is a pseudonym she used frequently. The character is also a writer in the game, and many of her novels' titles are allusions to Christie's works.
Related Web Sites
- The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.